DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
- “Bridge Fund Managers” means Bridge Fund Managers (Pty) Ltd, registration number (Reg. No.2004/024647/07) and/or Bridge Collective Investments (RF) (Proprietary) Limited (Reg. No.2008/022492/07) and/or Kingsmead Trust (Pty) Ltd (Reg. No.1865/000003/07) and/or Grindrod Asset Management Holdings (Pty) Ltd (Reg. No.2009/023263/07) and/or BFM International Management Company Ltd (Reg. No.1405781) all domiciled at 5 Arundel Close, Kingsmead Office Park, Durban, 4001
- “Website” means the Bridge Fund Managers website available at bridgefm.co.za, including the content and service(s) available on and through the website and any page, part or element thereof
- “User” means any person who enters or uses the Website
- References herein to the singular includes the plural and vice versa
1. ALLOWED USE AND LICENSE
a) Bridge Fund Managers licenses the User to view, download, and print the content of the Website provided that such use is for private, personal, educational, and/or non-commercial purposes only.
b) Content from the Website may not be used or exploited by Users for any commercial and non-private purposes without the prior written consent of Bridge Fund Managers.
c) Users may only access, browse and use the Website for legitimate personal or commercial purposes and may not use the Website for:
- Harmful purposes;
- Illegal purposes;
- Disclosing, sharing or publishing material that may be offensive, defamatory, regulated, copyrighted, incorrect, untrue, prohibited, infringing or damaging to any person; and/or
- The creation, storage and sending of unsolicited commercial communications.
d) The caching of the Bridge Fund Managers website shall only be allowed if:
- The purpose of the caching is to make the onward transmission of the content from the Website more efficient
- The cached content is not modified in any manner whatsoever
- The cached content is updated at least every 12 (twelve) hours
- The cached content is removed or updated when so required by Bridge Fund Managers
e) If any User uses content from the Bridge Fund Managers website in breach of the provisions detailed herein:
- Bridge Fund Managers reserves the right to claim damages from the User
- Bridge Fund Managers reserves the right to institute criminal proceedings against the User
- Bridge Fund Managers shall not be liable, in any manner whatsoever, for any damage, loss or liability that resulted from the use of such content by the User or any third party who obtained any content from the User.
f) Hyperlinks to the Website from any other source shall be directed at the home page of the Website. Links beyond the Bridge Fund Managers home page may only be used with Bridge Fund Managers’ prior written consent.
h) Users may quote small and reasonable amounts of content available from the Bridge Fund Managers website, subject to such a quote being placed in inverted commas and acknowledged.
i) No person may, without the prior written consent of Bridge Fund Managers, frame the Website in any manner whatsoever.
j) Apart from bona-fide search engine operators and use of the search facility provided on the Website by Users, no person may use or attempt to use any technology or applications (including web crawlers, robots or web spiders) to search, collect or copy content from the Website for any purpose whatsoever, without the prior written consent of Bridge Fund Managers.
k) Email addresses, names, telephone numbers, and fax numbers published on the Website may not be incorporated into any database used for electronic marketing or similar purposes. No permission is given or should be implied that information on the Website may be used to communicate unsolicited communications to Bridge Fund Managers and all rights detailed in section 45 of the ECT Act are reserved.
l) All licenses and/or permissions granted in terms of this clause 3 are provided on a non-exclusive and non-transferable basis and may be terminated or cancelled by Bridge Fund Managers at any time without prior notice or reasons.
2. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- All intellectual property on the Website, including but not limited to content, trademarks (or any confusingly similar trademarks), trade names, logos, pictures, video, downloads, domain names, patents, design elements, software, source code, meta tags, databases, text, graphics, icons and hyperlinks are the property of or licensed to Bridge Fund Managers and as such, are protected from infringement by domestic and international legislation and treaties. Subject to the rights licensed to the User in section 2, all other rights to intellectual property on the Website are expressly reserved.
- No person shall amend, copy, use, decompile and/or reverse engineer the source code of the Website.
- No person may use logos, icons, or trademarks from the Website as hyperlinks or other purposes without Bridge Fund Managers’ prior written consent.
3. SOFTWARE AND EQUIPMENT
It is the responsibility of the User to acquire and maintain, at his/her own expense, the necessary computer hardware, software, communication lines and Internet access accounts required to access the Internet and the Website and/or download content from the Website.
4. DISCLOSURES REQUIRED BY SECTION 43 OF THE ECT ACT
Access to and use of the Website may be classified as “electronic transactions” as defined in terms of the ECT Act and therefore Users have the rights detailed in Chapter 7 of the ECT Act and Bridge has, amongst others, the duty to disclose the following information:
- The full name and legal status: Bridge Fund Managers Limited;
- Registration number: 2004/024647/07
- Physical address: 5 Arundel Close, Kingsmead Office Park, Durban, 4001.
- Postal address: PO Box 3211, Durban, 4000.
- Telephone number: +27 (0) 31 333 6600
- Fax number: +27 (0) 31 570 1130
- Website address: http://www.bridgefm.co.za
- Email address: email@example.com
- Physical address for receipt of legal service: 5 Arundel Close, Kingsmead Office Park, Durban, 4001.
- Alternative dispute resolution: Subject to urgent and/or interim relief, all disputes regarding:
- access and use of the Website;
- the inability to access the Website;
- the services and content available from the Website; or
- these terms and conditions, shall be referred to arbitration in terms of the expedited rules of the Arbitration Foundation of South Africa and such arbitration proceedings shall be conducted in Durban in English. The arbitration ruling shall be final and the unsuccessful party shall pay the costs of the successful party on a scale as between attorney and own client.
- Complaints: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alternative dispute resolution: Subject to urgent and/or interim relief, all disputes regarding:
- access and use of the Website
- the inability to access the Website
- the services and content available from the Website
5. CHANGES AND AMENDMENTS
a) Bridge Fund Managers reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to do any of the following, at any time without prior notice or justification:
- change the content and/or service available from the Website
- discontinue any aspect of the Website or service(s) available from the Website and/or
- change the software and hardware required to access and use the Website
6. PRIVACY STATEMENT
7. HYPERLINKS TO THIRD PARTY PAGES
a) Bridge Fund Managers may provide hyperlinks to websites not controlled by Bridge Fund Managers (“target sites”) and such hyperlinks do not imply any endorsement, agreement on or support of the content, products, and/or services of such target sites.
b) Bridge Fund Managers does not editorially control the content, products and/or services on target sites and shall not be liable, in any manner whatsoever, for the access to, inability to access, use, and inability to use or content available on or through target sites.
a) Bridge Fund Managers shall take all reasonable steps to secure the content of the Website and the information provided by and collected from Users from unauthorised access and/or disclosure. However, Bridge Fund Managers does not make any warranties or representations that content shall be 100% safe or secure.
b) Subject to the provisions of sections 43(5) and 43(6) of the ECT Act, if applicable, Bridge Fund Managers is under no legal duty to encrypt any content or communications from and to Users and is also under no legal duty to provide digital authentication of any pages on the Website.
c) Users may not deliver or attempt to deliver, whether on purpose or negligently, any damaging code, such as computer viruses, robots or spy ware, to the Website or the server and computer network that support the Website.
d) Notwithstanding criminal prosecution, any person who delivers or attempts to deliver any damaging code to the Website, whether on purpose or negligently, shall, without any limitation, indemnify and hold Bridge Fund Managers harmless against any and all liabilities, damages, risks and losses that Bridge Fund Managers and its partners / affiliates may suffer as a result of such delivery, attempt or damaging code.
e) Users may not develop, distribute, or use any device or programme designed to breach or overcome the security measures of the restricted pages, products and services on the Website and Bridge Fund Managers reserves the right to claim damages from any and all persons involved, directly and indirectly, in the development, use and distribution of such devices or programmes.
f) Users who commit any of the offences detailed in sections 85 to 88 of the ECT Act shall, notwithstanding criminal prosecution, be liable for all resulting liabilities, losses, destruction or damages suffered and/or incurred by Bridge Fund Managers and its partners / affiliates due to or related to these illegal actions.
9. DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
a) Subject to the provisions of sections 43(5) and 43(6) of the ECT Act, if applicable, and as far as allowed by law, Bridge Fund Managers (including its owners, employees, suppliers, Internet service providers, partners, affiliates and agents) shall not be liable for any damage, loss or liability of any nature incurred by whomever and resulting from:
- access to the website; access to and use of the service
- access to websites linked to the website
- inability to access the website or use the service
- inability to access websites linked to the website
- content available on the website
- services available from the website
- any other reason not directly related to Bridge Fund Managers’ gross negligence.
b) The website of Bridge Fund Managers is supplied on an “as is” basis and has not been compiled to meet the User’s individual requirements. It is the responsibility of the User to satisfy himself or herself, prior to entering into this agreement with Bridge Fund Managers, that the content available from and through the Website meet the User’s individual requirements and is compatible with the User’s computer hardware and/or software.
c) Information, ideas and opinions expressed on the Website should not be regarded as professional advice or the official opinion of Bridge Fund Managers and Users are encouraged to consult professional advice before taking any course of action related to the information, ideas or opinions expressed on the Website.
d) Bridge Fund Managers does not make any warranties or representation that content and services available from the Website shall in all cases be true, correct or free from any errors. Bridge Fund Managers shall take all reasonable steps to ensure the quality and accuracy of content available from the Website.
e) Bridge Fund Managers does not make any warranties or representations that the Website shall be available at all times. Users acknowledge that the Website may be unavailable due to updates or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Bridge Fund Managers, including, but not limited to virus infection, unauthorised access (hacking), power failure or other “acts of God.
f) The Website and the service are provided “as is” and no warranties, implied or express, are given or implied.
10. REMOVAL AND CORRECTION OF CONTENT
Users are encouraged to report untrue, inaccurate, defamatory, illegal, infringing, and/or harmful content available from the Website to Bridge and Bridge undertakes to correct and/or remove such content or any part thereof if the person reporting such content provided reasonable grounds to prove the alleged nature of the content.
11. INTERCEPTION OF COMMUNICATION
a) subject to the provisions of the Regulation of Interception of Communications (RIC) Act 70 of 2002, the User agrees to Bridge Fund Managers’ right to intercept, block, filter, read, delete, disclose and use all communications (including all “data messages” as defined in the ECT Act) send or posted by the User to the Website, its staff and employees.
b) The User agrees and acknowledges that the consent provided by the User in clause 13 (a) satisfies the “writing” requirement as detailed in the ECT Act and the RIC Act.
12. ENTIRE AGREEMENT AND SEVERABILITY
b) Any failure by Bridge Fund Managers to exercise or enforce any right or provision shall in no way constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
13. AGREEMENT IN TERMS OF SECTION 21 OF THE ECT ACT
a) The User and Bridge Fund Managers agree that:
- the User shall be bound to these term and conditions and such agreement is concluded in Durban (South Africa) at the time the User enters the Website for the first time
- data messages (as defined in the ECT Act) addressed by the User to Bridge Fund Managers shall only be deemed to have been received if and when responded to
- data messages (as defined in the ECT Act) addressed to the User by Bridge Fund Managers shall be deemed to be received by the User as detailed in section 23(b) of the ECT Act
- data messages (as defined in the ECT Act) addressed by the User to Bridge Fund Managers shall be deemed to have been created and sent by the User from within the geographical boundaries of South Africa
- electronic signatures, encryption and/or authentication is not required for valid electronic communications between the User and Bridge Fund Managers
- the User agrees and warrants that data messages that are sent to Bridge Fund Managers from a computer, IP address or mobile device normally used by or owned by the User, was sent and/or authorised by the User personally.
14. APPLICATION AND GOVERNING LAW
15. LEGAL COSTS